Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Quelques cartes

Carte Postale and the matching paper Porcelain Prints are such beautiful products, but I just never use them. I think I bought them closer to the end of mini they were first showcased in. It's funny, when a set is really popular, you get all excited to buy it and try all these amazing things you've seen with it. Except, for me, what end up happening is the opposite. The more cool things I see with a set, the LESS likely I am to use it. It's seems if I've already seen most of it's potential, why bother doing anything with it? So it's really good for me to go back to those sets that were really everywhere when they first came out, and approach them with a fresh attitude. It's kind of like going back to listen to that song that was played on the radio too much. You got tired of it then, but after a break, it's back on your playlist again.

Anyway, here's the card! I stamped the leaves several times on some white paper. I stamped the medallion flower, and the smaller flowers onto Pale Plum paper with Perfect Plum ink. I coloured in bits of the flowers, cut them out and arranged them on the leafy background. I love using striped paper in this type of layout, so this one from Porcelain Prints was ideal. I added a Verve Visual greeting, some ribbon, and some copper brads, and I was back in love with this set!

The second card I made with this set is much better appreciated in person. It uses Flourishes heavyweight transparencies as a base. I used the Porcelain Prints paper once again as well as the medallion floral image. I embossed that with copper on moss, as well as white. The greeting is from a PaperTrey Ink set, and was embossed in white.
Supplies:
Stamps: Carte Postale, Happy Thoughts, Borders & Corners- monogram ed.
Paper: Porcelain Prints, Mellow Moss, White, Pale Plum
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss
Accessories, etc.: copper brads, pop dots, copper EP, transparency sheet, wide grosgrain

1 comment:

  1. these are beautiful!! I'm glad you went back to these stamps.

    ReplyDelete