Tuesday, April 29, 2008

City Skyline

As soon as I saw this skyline image from one of the Doodle Factory releases, I knew I had to make a sunset skyline card. Taking some tips from Michelle Zindorf , I decided to get out the brayer, some clear embossing powder, some pencil crayons, and some ink pads. Then I got to work. I stamped the image, then coloured it in with Prismacolor pencil crayons. I only used a black pencil crayon for the buildings and an orange pencil crayon for the windows. After that was done, I covered the entire image with a versamarker and embossed it with clear powder. Then I chose my colours for the sky. I started with Summer Sun, then Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, and just a touch of Not Quite Navy. I framed the image on black cardstock, and placed that on a white card base. I liked it too much to add anything else to it. I really like how it turned out!

Supplies:
Stamps: Doodle Factory Urban
Ink: Versafine Black, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy
Paper: White, Black
Accessories, etc.: pencil crayons, clear EP, versamarker, brayer

9 comments:

  1. fun and funky! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card, Natasha! I love the quirky, futuristic skyline and the really neat way you graduated the colors in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmigosh, SOOO awesome! That image is super cute and you did a wonderful job with the colors... LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAOW!!!I just want to say waow! I thought this was a painting at first! Awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card: love the stamp, and the technique you used for the sky is makes for a very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought this card was amazing -- it looks like art. You won the "Card of the Week" award. Check it out...http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/05/card-of-the-wee.html

    ReplyDelete