Sunday, April 06, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Here's another quick-ish card featuring some of my latest PTI stamps. I started by stamping the branch from Out on a Limb onto some vellum. Then I stamped the little dots in Brilliance white. That wasn't quite shimmery enough, so I added liquid pearls over the dots. I am loving the new colours, and wanted some matching designer paper with the aqua and moss colours (I didn't purchase last month's 6x6 paper pad). Then I recalled that I had the faux ribbon set. I got that set for the greetings and have barely used the "ribbon" part of the set. Well, I decided to make my own lovely striped paper then. It worked really nicely! I am pretty obsessed with having matching striped paper with the ink colours I have, and this is a much cheaper alternative that for some reason, just didn't cross my mine before. On another note, has anyone else noticed the extreme lack of chocolate brown or white brads?? Seriously, I am obsessed with finding some reasonably priced ones. I had to use brass ones on this card, but I would've preferred chocolate ones.

Supplies:
Stamps: Out on a Limb, Faux Ribbon
Paper: Aqua Mist, White, Chocolate Chip, Vellum
Ink: Umber Brown, Moonlight White, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss
Accessories, etc.: brass brads, liquid pearls, moss twill, pop dots

1 comment: