Monday, November 19, 2007

A Dirty Challenge

A few weeks back Jami issued a challenge.
The requirements?
  • Use A Winter Song from Elzybells


  • Use the color Pretty in Pink in your card or project somehow, somewhere.

  • Restricted - NO patterned paper
The images from Elzybells are small, but lots of fun to colour. Because they are winter-themed, I just could stay away from adding to the snow with glitter, stickles, and liquid pearls. So, for this card, the first thing I did was colour in the stamped image. I used SU! markers, pretty in pink and regal rose for the jacket and tuque. Her hair and the log were coloured with caramel and cocoa. That left the bird, it had be stumped for a bit, but then I thought, why not red? It worked, especially for such a small element. For all the snowy parts, I applied liquid pearls, for the coat trim I applied stickles. While both of those were still wet, I poured more glitter on! I stamped a corner of the repeated "let it snow" stamp from Glad Tidings, then set it aside to dry. Because patterned paper was off limits, I set about making my own. I used a Sheet Music stamp several times on cocoa. I applied some of the x-stitch-like images along the top and bottom. That went on regal rose, then I tied some rose ribbon on that. The card base is chocolate chip with white snow embossed all over. Finally, I added little dots of liquid pearls in the pink scallops, and rounded the corners. So there it is! Here's a close-up of the main image. When you spend that much time on something, it's nice to share it in all its glory.
Be sure to check out the others cards here!
  • Supplies:
  • Stamps: Winter Song, Glad Tidings, Snowflake Spot, Sheet Music
  • Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Real Red, Ruby red
  • Paper: Chocolate, Rose, Pink, White, Cocoa
  • Accessories, etc.: stickles, liquid pearls, circle nestabilities, glitter, ribbon, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable -- I love this little girl!!! I just wrote my post, think I'll go and put it up now!!! I love all the browns you have used -- it'll be so fun to see everyone's in the morning!!!! Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute - love these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Natasha!! Love pink and brown together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is too cute! I love everything about it. Especially the liquid pearls on the scallops. I was wanting to do something like that just yesterday, but didn't have anything that would work. Now I know what to look for! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete