Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Day!

First off, a big Happy Thanksgiving to any of my American readers. I hope you have a great day!

Secondly, check out the pretty sights from this morning! We had a few centimetres of snow yesterday. I think we may have had some freezing rain in the night, which makes for very pretty pictures, especially when the sun shines just so. Click it if you would like to see it a bit bigger.

Thirdly, I made this card a few weeks ago. I love this whole set from gel-a-tins. I've got both the alphabet and the numbers. I wanted to do something with the numbers, so I thought, why not a countdown. I got a square piece of acetate and started stamping the numbers with white Stazon. Next, I stamped the letters for Happy New Year (with this set) and cut them out and layered them onto the acetate. As is typical with this type of card, it was extremely difficult to photograph. If you were to see the card flat, the black paper, framed with the white paper, would fall nicely behind the greeting.
Supplies:
Stamps: Weathered Crate Numbers, Roman Alphabet
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, White Stazon
Paper: White, Black, Acetate


2 comments:

  1. Awesome card! The countdown is too cute- and of course- Acetate rocks!

    I'm super jealous of your pretty iced tree and snow... we are just getting into cold weather here in northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing -- SO totally cool -- I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete