Sunday, November 04, 2007

Gift Card Holder with Belly Band

I had a mission this weekend, my mom required a birthday card that also served as a gift card holder. I started with the basic shape of the card and the gift card first. I knew I wanted to use my slit punch as the card holder, so I started off with a piece of paper 4-1/16x3-15/16. I traced the card onto some scrap cardstock and used that as a guide for where to punch. This allows you to perfectly place the gift card without damaging it. The card itself is 11 inches long, with the middle panel being about 4-5/8 wide.

Next up I needed a colour scheme. I drew my colours from the gift card itself, first picking out burgundy, then 2 other colours from the same colour family, artichoke and saffron. I went with a floral theme since I knew it would make a nice pattern. I used PaperTrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms. Here is a photo of the card without the belly band on. The belly band is simply an 11x1-1/2 piece of burgundy. I wrapped it around the card to determine where to fold it, making sure to leave a little bit of give, but not too much. The label on the belly band covers the edges, and was made with circle nestabilities.

Here's the finished product. If I was really picky, I would've been a bit more aware of the off the page stamping. It doesn't match up, but it does the job.
Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Paper Tray
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, So Saffron
Paper: White, Burgundy
Other: circle nestablities, slit punch

5 comments:

  1. Looks super duper!

    I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Love the color combo! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such nice projects with the Beautiful Blooms. LOVE that color combo. Thanks again for the inspiration. Take care and God bless . . . Elizabeth S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! I just might have to case

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the rich color combo and the fun belly band closure.

    ReplyDelete