Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Little Cafe Scene

I just got this fun set, Meet Me at the Cafe, by My Favorite Things. I don't have many line art sets, so this one works well for me. It also has some really fun phrases in it, like the 2 in the background (good friends and good times). It's one of the things I love about clear stamps, being able to use the word stamps to create a diagonal background. The image was stamped and embossed, since I don't have any alcohol marker proof stamp ink. Even with embossing powder, you have to be careful, the markers still can pick up the black. I coloured this in with a few graphic artist markers and Copics. The little white bit on the wine glasses is from the signo gel pen. I finally picked up a second pen. I keep one with my stamping stuff (for faux stitching, touch ups, etc.) and one with my markers (for highlighting purposes, such as this).

In regards to a question, yesterday, yes the greeting on the card is from the Take a Bough set, take a look here.
Today is the 15th, you know what that means- Dirty Dozen reveal day. This month was a really fun theme, Deck the Halls. Check it out here if you're a fan club member! Lots of good holiday decorating and card ideas! It's funny, as is typical, I can never predict what project of mine will be best received. And so far, the favorite is something that came to me last minute yesterday and didn't take longer than 20 or 30 minutes to make. It just makes me laugh. You never know, do you!
Supplies:
Stamps: Meet me at the cafe
Ink: Versamark, black EP, sage shadow
Paper: White, black, soft sky
Accessories, etc.: signo gel pen, wide ribbon, pop dots, copic and graphic artist markers

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love how you stamped the background. It hadn't occured to me to try that. I saw all your awesome projects in the gallery...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card -- just love the background you created with the words -- so nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete