Saturday, November 10, 2007

Olives and Eggplants

Two of my not-so-favorite foods, but the colours? Fabulous! It's funny, I actually started out with the colour scheme first, and then found the paper to match. However, I had my eye on using this paper for a few weeks now, so it was probably in the back of my mind, somewhere.

I started with the vanilla panel, stamp a few trees from Oh Christmas Tree, added the sentiment and a few stars, then that part was done. Next up, I scalloped the paper with a corner rounder. I wanted a bit more decoration on the card front, so I punched several holes in the bottom, and filled them with green and purple brads. The ribbon added the finishing touch, before mounting the focal image with pop dots. This card is kind of a weird size. I thought my original piece of paper was 8.5'' wide, but clearly, it was not. More like, just under 8'' wide. Whatever, it still works, and it still fits in a standard A5 envelope!

Supplies:
Stamps: Oh Christmas Tree
Ink: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Vanilla, Eggplant, Olive, Chatterbox DP
Accessories, etc.: olive 5/8'' grosgrain, brads, pop dots

5 comments:

  1. Wow - I absolutely love this card!!!! Your colors are awesome. The brads are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours together work beautifully! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE love LOVE this color combo! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love all that you did with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! What a great color combo -- it goes perfectly with the style of these stamps!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete