Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Little Cupcakes

I was at Michaels the other day, picking up a few more cheap clear blocks for a Christmas card get-together, and I saw that they actually had the Series 6 studio g stamps. This birthday one was too cute to leave there, especially at $1.50 for a set of 5. I picked my paper first, from the stash. One thing I have done to make the stash a little more bearable for me as a cardmaker is cut it down to 6x6 squares. I have come to terms with that fact that scrapbooking just isn't for me right now. So, instead of leaving all that pretty paper in awkward 12x12 format, I cut a whole lot of it down into the card friendly 6x6. I have been keeping it in the Paper Trey Ink packaging. It fits 6x6 paper exactly. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a tip.

Anyway, I started with the paper. I believe this one is by One Heart, One Mind. I took my colour palette from that. It's not a 100% match, but it's close. I used Sage Shadow and Creamy Caramel for the cupcakes, with Not Quite Navy and Pumpkin Pie for the candle. I cut them out, popped them up onto a word background, put a thin layer of stickles on, and voila! Done. I have been on a square card kick lately. I made at least 3 square cards today.
Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday, series 6 by Studio G
Ink: versafine black onyx, sage, caramel, pumpkin, navy
Paper: white, sage, caramel, one heart one mind DP
Accessories, etc.: stickles, pop dots

2 comments:

  1. I saw this stamp set at Michaels yesterday and had to pick it up, along with all the other great $1.00 bin stamps. This is a great card. I love it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete