Saturday, November 03, 2007

Recipe Book

When I was in Grand Forks last weekend, I had to go to the Super Target. I headed straight for the stationary section. Sadly, they didn't have too many notebooks left. However, I still managed to pick up two and this 6x6 coil notebook was one of them. I had Mix & Mingle sitting on my desk for the last 2 weeks. Once I had this notebook, I KNEW I had to make a recipe book. Although this would make a great gift, this one's for me. I'm going to fill it with my favorite family recipes.

My colour choices were largely dictated by that pink strip on the notebook. I sat and looked at it, thinking, what colour matches that?? Then it dawned on me, Purely Pomegranate! And that colour reminded me of one of my favorite combinations- pomegranate, guava, and wasabi. The title part was made using the Oh Gosh Be Golly Alphabet . This is one of my favorite alphabets, it's always reminded me of Jell-O jigglers, so it seemed fitting to use it on a recipe book! For the pen, I covered my stamped paper with packing tape for extra protection, before adhering it to the pen.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mix & Mingle (Stampin' Up! retired), Oh Gosh Be Golly alphabet (gel-a-tins)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
Paper: White, Guava, Pomegranate
Accessories, etc.: 6x6 Target notebook with pen, wasabi double stitched grosgrain, sticky strip, packing tape.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT book! I think you did a fabulous job with it! I LOVE SuperTarget in Grand Forks!! I've bought MANY things there on our way through there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this!! The colors are great! :) I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete