Thursday, November 16, 2006

Copper Fairy

First all, yay, new stamps!! Tamara and I went on about an 8-km roundtrip walking expedition to the Stampers! store in Victoria. The store is quite overwhelming, you are bombarded with SO MANY different stamp styles and types. We walked up and down the aisles quite a few times. I hemmed and hawed over several things. This silhouette fairy stamp caught my eye, and I knew it'd be perfect for this Thursday's "use copper tones" challenge. For the main image, I picked perfect pearls with clear embossing powder. There is also a vellum layer stamped with French Script and I did the poppin' pearls technique: i.e. stamp with versamark then lightly brush some mica powder overtop. To finish it off, I placed some copper brads in the corners.

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous and what a great picture of the card. The light is hitting it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning effects! Beautifully done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING! I have some different fairy silhouette stamps, and now I know what I want to do!

    ReplyDelete