Thursday, November 09, 2006

Big and Little Pieces


This set is such fun to work with. It actually makes me want to scrapbook (not that I have started that up again...) I've seen some awesome overlay transparencies using white ink, as soon as I saw this set I wanted to try that. Back before I could even order the winter mini goods, I put together a digital prototype. You know, when you really want a set, you have this great idea for it, but it's frustrating because you can't make it? Well, I wanted to know if what I had planned in sketch form would work in actuality, and it did. I don't think I can show you my prototype because that's probably against copyright and all that jazz. But I can show you the final product! I made 18 of these cards. They are 4.25 square cards. Trust me, if you haven't tried transparency overlays using white ink, you must! Especially combining big and little pieces!! So much fun!

5 comments:

  1. I like 'em. Do we get to give the stamped overlay a try when you are here? I do have trasnparencies. I am liking this set(s) more and more with your latest stuff.

    -Tamara

    PS I am still marking tonight. I have about half more to go, and then I have to review what I marked for consistency, but I will try to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I'm fairly new and was wondering how you do that transparency overlay. Can you give me some tips? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I just saw that you had instructions on your scs profile. Thanks. Very cute! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your cards are fabulous! I love the colours you use! Glad I found your blog!

    Just wanted to share this blog with you too

    www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com
    xxsaffa

    ReplyDelete