Sunday, November 19, 2006

Party Dress Card

When this card began, I didn't know where it was going. I started by covering a piece of chipboard and piercing the edges, then attaching the cut out flowers. Then I decorated the caribbean paper by using the brass template as a stencil. Then I wanted to add some velvet ribbon and do something different with the bottom two thirds. I tried various things with vellum. Dry embossing it didn't turn out so hot, then I tried using pink vellum, again not good. Finally, I decided to wheel the bodacious pattern in versamark and embossing it. Just a note about embossing vellum, keep your heat tool a fair distance away. It takes a lot longer to emboss, but you don't get burnt vellum!!

Anyway, the finished product reminds me of a little girl's party dress. The layout and the variety of textures seemed to mimic that clothing kind of appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment