Friday, November 03, 2006

A different style


Every once in a while I like to try something that goes beyond my usual style. I borrowed this set from a friend and I wanted to try the aged, collaged style of card with it. I actually pulled out some watercolour paper. I don't know why I was avoiding the stuff, it really doess make painting easier. The focal butterfly was embossed then painted on the watercolour paper. For the sponged background on the white, I tore a rectangular template out of a piece of cardboard. Using that as my mask, I sponged and stamped to my heart's content. I also took out some stress on the chocolate paper. I used my homemade distressing tool, a v cut into a fake plastic credit card, works quite well and gives your nails a break.

5 comments:

  1. I love this one, especially because it is BROWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous! And thanks for the tip about your homemade distressing tool. That is so awesome! I will totally be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice - this turned out beautiful!! great job with the collage, distressing, and watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Absolutely love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete