Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Tuesday off...


So here is the first of hopefully many items I will make today. I kind of got off to a late start. I wanted to make a really unique layout, but the elements I wanted to add didn't look right. Instead I want with a slightly longer than usual format (6x4.25), and I did triple ribbons behind the central image, which is something I don't normally do. There is actually a vellum overlay on here and it is stamped with the Aida Cloth in white stazon. In person, it gives the card a very fabric-like texture. I didn't have any mustard ribbon, so I coloured some pale yellow grosgrain, then ran it firmly through a towel to take out any extra ink. This is a great way to get small amounts of matching grosgrain. I ran it through the towel at least 5 times, basically until no more colour comes off the towel. It's a relatively quick process and less messy than dyeing. And, if you like the colour, and think you'll use it all the time, then you might want to consider dyeing a couple yards.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card...your muted background is awesome and the trio of ribbon is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete