Thursday, November 23, 2006

Shiny Snowflakes


This card uses Lumiere. Lumiere is a kind of paint. It is a pearly white, really shimmery acrylic paint. For the background paper, I started out doing the faux mother of pearl technique. For this I combined some blue pearl ex and the lumiere and sponged it all over. After seeing the colour blue it produced, I then set out to match the Basic Grey Blitzen: Jack Frost papers {check that out here}. I sponged a few different browns, and stamped on plently of snowflakes. After all that work of creating this pretty neat background paper, I didn't want to cover it. So I stamped and tore some vellum to give it a frosty winter look. Then added some eyelets and some sponged twill tape to finish it off.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I would have sought to not cover the majority of this either. I'm imagining the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such stunning effects! What a combination. I love the coloring and the snowflakes. Thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete