Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Quick and Cheery!


Everyone's been talking about these fabulous Fabriano notecards. I love the look of them, but for now I will just try to replicate the look. (I'm too afraid/too cheap to get dinged with customs and duty charges from U.S. shippers). I recently got a pack of the confetti white cardstock and noticed its watercolour paper like qualities. I wanted to make a quick and simple card that had a watercoloured image front and center, but then I realized, I really don't have that many line-art stamps that work for this simple and elegant style. Most are bold or print-like. So I made do with what I had, and since Bodacious Bouquet was still on the table, I used that. I added in a slight shadow with Sahara Sand to give it a bit more definition. I also distressed all the edges for that cool Fabriano look. The organdy was dyed using positively pink reinker (which is quite similar to Regal Rose, so I'm surprised they didn't coordinate better). A note about dying organdy, it doesn't take the ink nearly as nicely as grosgrain. You need to really move it around (my hands are now a lovely shade of pink). It also doesn't retain the colour as well, but it still looks nice once dyed.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, great idea to try the confetti white paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out great - I'll have to try this when I run out of the Fabriano cards!! love how you shaded around the flower!!

    ReplyDelete