Saturday, November 04, 2006

Whimsy Holiday Planner


I was at Dollarama today, it's nice to actually go to a dollar store where everything is actually $1.00. I saw the composition notebooks there, so I picked one up with the intent of covering it. Then I went and bought some gorgeous Paper Salon papers. Their "Dazzle" collection is really fun and whimsical (check it out here: Paper Salon: Dazzle Collection). I thought it'd be great fun to make a holiday planner out of the paper. I covered the notebook with mod podge, slapped on the fitted piece of designer paper, then designed my title in Photoshop Elements. I used the 2 Peas font High Tide, and I screen-captured the paper so I could match the colours. I applied a drop shadow and an inner glow effect to the font. It looks so cool. I really like it when my colour printer works properly! The inside tabs are painted chipboard. Amazingly I had paint that matched the colours quite well, so I didn't even have to experiment with mixing today!. I'm not sure what I want to label the sections as, so I just put in a little piece of the designer paper for now.

3 comments:

  1. love this - love the fun colors too!! super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cool planner! I love the color combo. I just came across your blog from scs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one talented buckaroo! Just love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete