Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bright Birthday

I was looking through some inspirational galleries to get some ideas for layouts. I keep resorting back to the same old layouts, so I wanted to try something different. I found this card by Michelle Wooderson. It used the small slot punch in a way I had been meaning to try. And with all that new polka dot ribbon, I decided to give it a whirl. I chose the three colours of ribbon that I wanted to tie through the side slot, then designed the card to match accordingly. All stamps are from the happy birthday set from gel-a-tins . Papers & inks are Stampin' Up. I don't know who makes the ribbon, since I received it in share. I'm not 100% happy with the card, I know what I don't like about it, but sometimes, it's okay enough to work. I have this problem where I cannot throw stuff out and start over. I feel if I've invested the time in it already, I don't want to throw that out. I know that's not always the best way to be, since then you may be missing out on something greater. But really, on a Thursday evening, after a day that was too long, I think it's okay.

I was about to publish without uploading my photo. Seriously, I cannot be the only one to almost always do this!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card! love the layout and the colors! the ribbon is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete