Thursday, April 12, 2007

Who knew I had a Green Thumb!

Well, I was resisting the very fabulous PaperTrey Ink sets, but when the Green Thumb set was released, I couldn't resist any longer. It embodies everything I want from a gardening set. I also got the word set, Paper Tray while I was at it, got to get my shipping's worth :D

Here's my first card playing around with it. I pulled out some colours I never use. I got the craft ink spots, since I've been using the acrylic stamps so much lately, and I felt like I needed these in certain situations. I especially like the soft subtles craft ink. They are still soft, but they are that much bolder, if that makes sense. You can really see the colours. So here I used pale plum, perfect plum, mellow moss, also really rust for the pot, and creamy caramel for the shadow. I made the background using various sized flowers and stems with very vanilla.

Other notes: the shadow was made using an oval punched piece of spare rubber, then mounted on EZMount. The main image is stamped on confetti white (explaining the little flecks of colours you may see).


10PM update: Well, I just wasn't quite done for the evening. Here's a fun little thank you note. I dry embossed a group of 4 squares. Stamped, cut out, and popped up the strawberries, tied on some fabulous ribbon, stamped the greeting, and this card was the result. I really like it!This project has been accepted, woot.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Natasha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fab...if I didn't have to work tonight, I would be so playing with my sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards. . .I LOVE how you popped up the strawberry backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete