Thursday, April 26, 2007

Muddy Boots

When the Green Thumb set was first released, I loved Amy's card with the hanging muddy boots. So, I started with that general idea. I had stamped this turquoise ribbon the other evening with some chocolate dots, so that dictated my colour scheme. Also, I've been incredibly inspired by Heather's use of craft ink and Kraft paper, so I also went with that idea. I stamped the boots first with turquoise craft, then muddied up the bottoms with the chocolate craft ink. One of the nice things about craft ink is how easily they blend on the stamp. I cut them out, tied them together with some silver cord, then mounted them on my wordy background. The bottom panel is stamped with various circles I found. Two are from Green Thumb, the outline circle is from the Chocolate Bliss set by gelatins.

8 comments:

  1. I love the boots! They are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this card! The colors are great too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I love everything about this card - this is one of my favorite color combos lately, and then with all the details - jute, brads, muddy boots - sooooooooo great!

    Dina
    mamadinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hello BG is totally inspired....don't be surprised if you see it on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute card! I love the "muddy" boots and the colors are awesome. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute - love it! I haven't had a chance to break out my set(s) and play with them yet! love the colors you used here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing job here. This card rocks!

    ReplyDelete