Saturday, April 28, 2007

Winter Wonderland-Retro Flakes

Here's my first creation (turns out my batteries only took 6 hours to recharge, I had forgotten that I got up so early today). I did the versamark resist, then rolled the blue frost spectrum pad overtop, after giving it ample time to dry. If you brayer too soon, you smear the images. Once I saw this set, I knew I wanted to make some shrink charms with it. I used the largest image, which is about 3x3, stamped it with my ultramarine stazon onto white shrink plastic, then cut it out and very carefully heated it. Because I was pretty detailed with the cutting, I had to be extra careful. In the past, sometimes the plastic bends too fast and melts to itself, not fun. But all was well this time! To finish it off, I tied it onto the cardbase with some silver cord over the white organdy. Voila, winter wonderland on a card!

Here's another completed project. My inspiration for this one came from the gelly gems, in the Dazzle Me pack, there are red, orange, clear, and silver. I've also used this colour combination with success in the past. Once again, I used the retro flakes. These are such fun! They could even work well for non-holiday themes. The greeting on here comes from the Merry & Bright set.

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful! Love what you did with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your versamark resist looks great!

    Dina
    mamadinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I love the second one...but I am partial to Chocolate. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are wonderful! I really like them. Gel-a-Tins have a coffee/cocoa set that has me drooling...I guess maybe I should take the plunge and order it....now that I see how nice they stamp up! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool...I missed this post earlier! Love that second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that you are working on Christmas cards in May!!! Getting ready early!

    ReplyDelete