Monday, April 23, 2007

Dots, dashes, and stripes

I've recently become quite obsessed with attempting to find the fun doodlebug embellishments. Their website says they are now available worldwide. Well, I've only found a few items so far in Winnipeg. I really like the look of their buttons, particularly the polka dot ones and the sparkly ones. So, what do I do when I can't find the stuff I want? I try to recreate it myself. I finally got one of the singo uniball white gel pens. That thing is amazing. I vaguely recall seeing someone use it for this purpose in the past. I decided to take a stab at it. You can actually feel the dots on the button. While I had that out, I doodled other items on some buttons, wavy lines, stripes, that sort of thing. I just have to figure out how to make the sparkly buttons now. I have a few thoughts in mind, mainly gluepad + glitter+ fixative or mod podge+glitter. We'll see how that works out. For now, here's the card.

4 comments:

  1. Love this one!

    Just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged! Go check out my blog...you're it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! BTW, you've been tagged. Check out my post for April 23rd

    http://taras-paper-crafts.blogspot.com

    Happy Blogging!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card! The navy on the white looks so sharp!

    ReplyDelete