Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ironic?

So, it's almost 20 degrees Celsius outside, and what am I doing?? Making holiday cards! There's a big call this Monday, so I am hard at work creating all sorts of fun holiday goodies. I've made 3 items so far. Here's a glimpse into my "studio" on this fine Saturday afternoon.

All stamped images are by gel-a-tins. Paper and ink are by Stampin' Up (I used Ballet and Bashful Blue). Other items, let's see, buttons, silver cord, white grosgrain, and some stickles. I'm not sure how I managed to get the silver bow just so, pure fluke I guess, as this is something I generally struggle quite a bit with. The white grosgrain is stamped with craft ink. I had done the polka-dot ribbon before, but used dye ink markers. These of course, bled. It looked cool, but sometimes you want just nice perfect dots, you know. So finally, lightbulb moment, use craft ink. The stuff is good for stamping on fabric. I actually use the top of my j or i from the golly alphabet to stamp the ribbon. So there you have it, more ways to "save". Don't go and by that polka dot ribbon, make your own. And now that I have those 100 yard roll of white, black, and brown grosgrain, you can bet I'll be doing this a lot. I have yet to try this with other images, but I will be trying it with my technique tuesday stitches stamps.

**Well, down comes the photo, one of the items was accepted! Woot!**

2 comments:

  1. Super cute projects!! I was just thinking that I need to get a jump start on my Christmas cards, and these are some great inspiration. I also *love* the idea of the polka-dot ribbon...so cool!! I am definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Getting a headstart! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete